“You'll have a brother soon!”
How to prepare him for the birth of a baby and help him get used to the idea that he will now be "older"?
As soon as you become aware of a second pregnancy, talk with your child about the upcoming happy event. Find the right words.
What not to do
- In no case do not give the first-born cause for alarm. Do not say: "Do not worry, we will continue to love you." The child should not worry that he will have to fight for parental attention.
- Do not ask the child whom he wants more: brother or sister. Suddenly his choice and reality do not match? Or he will say at all: “Nobody!” Then you have to spend a lot of time and effort to “reconfigure” the baby.
How to behave
- Describe the benefits of living with another baby. “How fun it will be to play together!”
- Include the oldest child in expectation of the youngest: choose a name together, advise what to buy from furniture and clothes for the newborn. If you are planning a repair or relocation, the child must have a say.
- Buy a gift with a senior for a junior, and from a younger - a gift for a senior. This gesture will mark the beginning of their friendship.
- After the birth of the baby, be sure to take the time to communicate with the firstborn. Only you and him. In the meantime, enjoy the expectation of a miracle!
Send more such articles to me in the mail.
We have sent a confirmation email to your email.