Sex during pregnancy: how to have fun and not harm anything
Let's say briefly: if the pregnancy goes without complications, then there are no obstacles to the continuation of sex during pregnancy. Obstetrician-gynecologists believe that in the absence of contraindications, sex during pregnancy is extremely useful: making love is one of the best ways to preserve and strengthen the old closeness. In any case, you need to remember that each trimester has its own characteristics, and it is important to know about the position in which to have sex during pregnancy.
Maternity Sex Poses
In the first trimester, sex during pregnancy does not differ from the pre-pregnancy period, but in the second and third pairs, you have to adapt to an actively growing belly. For example, from 12-13 weeks, experts recommend completely abandoning the postures for pregnant women, in which the woman lies on her back: a heavier uterus can pinch blood vessels and obstruct blood circulation, and as a result you will get dizziness, weakness and nausea. What to do if sex hurts.
Here are some convenient postures during pregnancy, which, according to doctors, are the safest for the second and third trimesters.
"Rider": a man lies or sits, a woman on top
- Pros: Nothing presses on the stomach, the partner herself controls the depth and strength of penetration.
- Minuses: In the last trimester, active movement is already quite difficult, and deep penetration, easily achievable in this position, can cause discomfort.
- Output: To move not up and down, but only back and forth - this will help reduce the physical exertion that a woman experiences during sex during pregnancy.
Knee-elbow posture: a woman on all fours, a man in the back
- Pros: One of the most comfortable postures during pregnancy, avoiding even minimal tension of the spinal muscles. If your hands are tired, you can partially lie down, resting your chest against a cushion.
- Minuses: A man is easily carried away and increases the amplitude of movements, which can be unprofitable for both mother and the child inside.
- Output: He tirelessly reminds the future dad that he should be even more gentle and careful.
Spoon pose during pregnancy: a woman with her back to a man, on his side
- Pros: No unnecessary movements - one of the partners, if desired, may not move at all.
- Minuses: They are not there, the main thing is to ensure that the man does not strongly press on the partner’s stomach with his hand.
A woman with her back to a man either sits on his legs or lays on him
- Pros: In this position, pressure on the stomach and strong shaking are completely eliminated.
- Minuses: In the sitting position, the arms of the partner and the actual back of the woman are quite noticeably tensed.
- Output: If you have problems with the spine, it is better not to tempt fate and immediately lie on your man’s back.
What to do if there is no desire to have sex during pregnancy
If the doctor does not recommend having sex, you do not need to take his words as reinsurance. Such a ban, as a rule, has serious physiological reasons: if pregnancy proceeds with complications, then uterine contractions that occur during orgasm, and an active effect on the area close to the cervix, can cause bleeding and lead to loss of the baby. Then there is no longer a question about in which poses you can have sex during pregnancy - it’s better to stop it altogether.
In particular, sex will have to be abandoned:
- with a confirmed threat of miscarriage, as well as if the previous pregnancy (one or more) ended unsuccessfully;
- with a diagnosis of ischemic-cervical insufficiency of the cervix
- with placenta previa (there is a high risk of placental abruption and subsequent bleeding);
- with any vaginal bleeding or atypical profuse discharge;
- with multiple pregnancy (the doctor may recommend to refrain from making love after 28 weeks).
Oral Sex During Pregnancy
There is no unequivocal medical opinion on the dangers and benefits of oral sex during pregnancy, but most modern experts believe that with a mother’s good health, there are no contraindications to it. To prevent infection, it makes sense for a man to pass the appropriate tests and exclude (or cure) all possible diseases.
I do not want and I will not!
Not all pregnant couples are very enthusiastic about sex, but if a woman can explain the change in her moods and needs with hormonal fluctuations, a man will have much more difficulty - he must justify his unwillingness to enter into intimate relationships with his wife very correctly. The main "excuses" on both sides usually consist of a "presence" with caresses of the "third" (of course, we are talking about a baby), the "incredible fragility" of the pregnant body and the fear of "harming something."
Remember that there are many safe poses that will allow you to continue to make love during pregnancy. Do not be afraid, the baby is reliably protected by nature from your expansion. The baby is protected by amniotic fluid, the walls of the uterus, the fat layer, connective tissues and muscles of the maternal abdomen. And the neck is also tightly clogged with a mucous plug. Even contractions of the uterus during orgasm will not scare the baby: after all, this is the norm for a muscle organ. In addition, if you look into the anatomical atlas, it will become clear that the fetus is much higher and deeper than the vagina, which means that sexual intercourse can not do him any harm. Read also about how to start having sex after childbirth.
Why pregnancy sex is good
If you have no medical contraindications, then sex during pregnancy can be very helpful.
- Intimate relationships can be a great alternative to fitness: sex is a fairly energy-intensive process, which also includes stretching elements that are extremely useful for women.
- During pregnancy, an enlarged uterus and displaced pelvic organs can worsen normal blood circulation, provoke venous congestion and reduce blood supply to tissues. In the presence of other adverse factors (smoking, hereditary predisposition, sedentary work), all this can lead to varicose veins of the legs and even the small pelvis.
- Many women are afraid of the tension of the uterus that appears after an orgasm, but if it is not accompanied by painful sensations and disappears within half an hour, there is no reason to worry. The uterus is a muscle, and it needs training, which just needs the right postures for sex, which are recommended during pregnancy: the ability of the uterus to contract is very useful to you during childbirth. With a full-term pregnancy, sexual life is the best way to prepare for the process of childbearing.
Read also: “I seemed to be losing my mind”: girls talked about memory lapses during pregnancy
Do not look at the red, urgently throw the cat: tips that torture pregnant