9 effective treatments for colds that your district pediatrician won't tell you
Cold & Flu Remedies
Often, parents cannot correctly assess the condition of the baby, and I advise you to consult a doctor even with mild symptoms of a cold. Usually, if a child does not have a temperature and a dry barking cough, and nasal congestion and nasal discharge are insignificant, breathing is calm, the child is active, there are no skin rashes and, most importantly, there is no concomitant chronic pathology, then herbal medicine comes to the aid of a small body, that is treatment of colds in children with folk remedies.
Plants, possessing biologically active substances, can increase the body's defenses, while having a detrimental effect on the causative agent of the disease. I want to draw attention to the fact that herbal medicine for acute respiratory viral infections, as well as the treatment of colds with home remedies and any other therapy, should be individual, especially in children.
Treatment of colds folk remedies
- In the first two days of acute respiratory illness you can recommend drinking at home a collection of medicinal herbs, consisting of linden flowers, Ivan tea, chamomile, raspberry leaves, elderberry flowers, calendula.
- When a tickle appears in the throat, difficulty in nasal breathing, rinsing is useful for collecting from St. John's wort and calendula, or from sage and eucalyptus
- Good and quick effect with SARS It has a hot infusion of needles (kidneys) of pine or spruce with honey and lemon.
- If a dry cough appears, hoarseness, burning sensation behind the sternum, then will help coltsfoot, plantain leaf, marshmallow root, licorice, mullein flowers, the infusion of which is an excellent folk remedy.
- It is very important to give the child at home as much warm drink as possible. Juices diluted in equal proportions with boiled water, fruit drinks. Cranberry juice is especially useful. Cranberry berries are rich in pectin, fiber, potassium, calcium, iron, various vitamins: groups B, C, PP, organic acids, benzoic acid. Cranberry juice and fruit juice are useful in various inflammations, feverish conditions, increase the body's resistance, and improve digestion. A large amount of healthy fluid will help remove toxins from the body and accelerate recovery. This is a great home cold treatment!
- You can drip in the nose diluted with boiled water 1: 1 juice of carrots or beets (1-2 drops in each nostril).
- It has good healing and safe properties. cold inhalation of garlic. It is necessary to take a small jar with a lid and chopped 2-3 cloves of garlic. Place the garlic on the bottom of the jar and close the lid for 15-20 minutes. Then open the can and let the baby breathe for about 5 minutes. Making such a folk remedy for treating a cold quickly needs to be done several times a day, changing garlic each time.
- For the prevention of various viral infectionsImproving indoor air can make orange "hedgehogs." We poke a few oranges with the buds of spicy cloves and lay them around the room. Oranges do not rot, but dry out, the air is saturated with essential oils of orange and cloves and becomes healing
- For cough treatment traditionally used herbs such as aloe, elecampane root, licorice root, ginger. These effective colds are used to treat coughs with viscous, difficult to separate sputum, and have an antiviral, antimicrobial effect. They relieve inflammation, reduce swelling and pain, enhance the protective functions of the body, and ginger also has an antioxidant effect,
i.e.protects the cells of the body from premature aging, helps to prolong youth, maintains health. All of these familiar herbs, along with adatoda leaves, Indian nightshade, turmeric root, etc., are part of Doctor MOM syrup. The composition of the syrup is carefully thought out and selected by experienced specialists. The syrup is able to cope not only with a difficult cough, relieve swelling, inflammation, pain, but also restore the body's defenses. The syrup goes well with other treatments for flu and colds. It does not contain alcohol, it can be taken by children from 3 years old, the elderly and, of course, all adults. Contraindication is individual intolerance to the components of the syrup, diabetes. During pregnancy, a doctor's consultation is advisable.
Note: if you treat a child with folk remedies at home, but the temperature persists for more than 2–3 days, or “jumps” every 2–3 hours, difficulty breathing, dry barking cough, a dull, inactive child, lost appetite, sleeps poorly, restlessly - This is an occasion to urgently call a doctor!